Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Little Under the Weather

O.K. So yes, I realize I have been neglecting my readers lately, BUT it was only because I have been sick for quite some time. I've been so sick in fact that I could not even dance in class last Thursday and I've had a difficult time performing fully in rehearsals. Luckily, I'm feeling much better!

Anyways, back to last Thursday's class, which was a modern/jazz class with Andy Taylor-Blenis, who is the sister of our very own mentor, Micki! Although I was only able to watch and take pictures for our Facebook page, it was a great class and I honestly learned a lot.  Andy focused on placement of our bodies and alignment, which is very important for a dancer. We always have to think about the different connections in our body and how we can maintain those connections while dancing. Andy is a very hands-on teacher, which I think can make some people nervous, but everyone seemed to really enjoy class and most people wanted to find out where they could take more classes with her. It was definitely a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment