Sunday, November 13, 2011

My piece was cut...

Just kidding!! Last Thursday's showing went amazingly well and I am so excited that my piece is officially in the show. The mentors' comments were very constructive and helpful; they really gave me that last push that I needed at rehearsal this evening. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing to have to show at the fourth showing. Without this added pressure, I don't think I would have been able to create the beautiful piece that I did.

I am so relieved that we had one final rehearsal tonight. My dancers ran the piece over and over again; we wanted to get it as close to perfect as possible. I was finally beginning to see how far this piece has come and how different it is from my first rehearsal. It has evolved into more than what I ever expected it could be. Sitting down with my dancers and explaining how they should convey the movements and their emotions allowed me to push them beyond their limits and bring the piece to a new level.

As the clock hit 8 p.m. and my final rehearsal ended, it dawned on me that it is officially production week and there are only 5 days until our first performance. Ahhh! Yes, I am slightly panicked, but it's not because I feel unprepared. In all honestly, I don't know why I'm so freaked out. Maybe it's because my piece is so personal, maybe it's because I am in more pieces than I've ever been in before or maybe it's because this will be my second to last performance at BU. Whatever it is, hopefully my butterflies subside long enough for me to fully take this week in and appreciate how amazing ORIGINS 2011 is.

Stay tuned for more show updates as this week unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment