Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ORIGINS 2011

Wow, I can't believe ORIGINS 2011 has come and gone. DTG had been working toward this weekend that went by so fast for the entire semester. I spent about 10 hours each week in the studio choreographing, learning and perfecting all of the pieces I was involved with. And now as I sit home for Thanksgiving break, I find myself not knowing what to do when it comes upon another two-hour block that I would have been in the studio.

Before reflecting on my experiences this semester, I suppose I should tell you all how AMAZING this weekend of performances actually was.  Starting from opening night on Friday, right through to the closing curtain on Saturday night, everything went off without a hitch.  Dancers, both the old and the newcomers, were beyond excited to perform and show our friends, family and the BU community what we had been working toward this semester.  The audience seem to love each and every minute of the show and gave all of the dancers so much praise at the end of the performances.

Luckily, no major mishaps occurred, like lost costumes, injuries or missed entrances. Everyone performed at his or her highest caliber with much professionalism.  As a four-year member of DTG and the vice president, I could not be more proud to be a part of this wonderful group.

Stay tuned for my thoughts on each performance as well as what I look forward to most for next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment