Wednesday, October 19, 2011

And the verdict is...

My dance made it through to the third showing!! **applause, cheers, sigh of relief**

BUT I, unfortunately and fortunately, was one of the dances they thought about cutting.  Now I'm sure you all can figure out why that is unfortunate, but fortunate? You must think I'm crazy.  It was fortunate because my dance wasn't great and I needed a push in the right direction.  Luckily the mentors gave me that push by almost cutting me.  I re-structured the ENTIRE dance, showed it to one of the mentors and thankfully got much better feedback.

Now all I have to do is finish said piece in two more rehearsals. Yikes! The pressure is on! But that's O.K. because I tend to work better under pressure (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Thankfully, no showing tomorrow night. Phew! Instead, we are having an amazing modern class with our former mentor Michael Jahoda who is at BU doing a residency. Now what is a residency you may or may not be thinking? Well, too bad you'll have to wait to find out!

Keep dancing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment